Employment Law Attorneys in Sarasota, FL
The Blackwell Firm practices employment law for the purpose and goal of ensuring compliance. The Firm represents employers and employees. The Firm also provides training, handbooks and advice to employers in order to prevent lawsuits and to comply with the laws. The Blackwell Firm’s mission is not to represent only businesses or only individuals but to advocate for its client when it is victim to a violation of the rules or victim of a meritless claim whether that is the company or the employee.
Some of the claims The Blackwell Firm handles include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Discrimination based on race, gender, age, religion, color, national origin, disability or any other protected status
- Sexual harassment
- Harassment based on race, age, religion, or other protected status
- Unpaid wages and/or overtime
- Wrongful Termination of Employment
- Family and Medical Leave Act violations
- Breach of employment contract
- Invasion of privacy
- Government initiated audits of Form I-9’s or discrimination.
- Violations of the employee’s rights to participate in concerted activity
- Union negotiations
Sara Blackwell teaches employment law at University of South Florida in Tampa as part of a human resource program. She has represented the United States of America in employment cases when in Louisiana and has continued practicing employment law since moving to Florida while working for large firms such as Cole, Scott Kissane and Williams Parker.
For EMPLOYERS, certain services offered by The Blackwell Firm include, but are not limited to:
- Draft or review employee handbooks and employment policies
- Draft or review employment agreements
- Defend against EEOC Complaints
- Provide legal advice on employment related matters
- Draft employee or supervisor training in employment related topics such as discrimination or harassment
- Assist with I-9 Form compliance
- Representation at unemployment hearings
- Litigation of employment related matters
- Provide advice on an ‘as needed’ basis
Whether employer or employee, please contact The Blackwell Firm for a free consultation and evaluation of your needs or claims. You will be provided honest advice and information regarding your situation and your expectations. There are so many aspects of employment law for both the employee and employer that it is difficult for proper and legal decisions to be made. Do not take the risks, contact an attorney who can assist you with your legal rights and obligations.