President and attorney at The Blackwell Firm.
Sarasota Inn of Court
Sarasota Diversity Committee
Louisiana, since 2002.
- Louisiana Middle District Federal District Court, since March 2011.
- Florida, since July 2011.
- Middle, Southern and Northern Federal Districts of Florida since 2011.
- Juris Doctorate from Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center.
- Graduated Order of the Coif in May of 2002. Remained in top 5% during entire tenure.
- Law Review in 2000-2001.
- Awarded Gene Hearn Memorial Scholarship in 2000-2001.
- Awarded a scholarship fee waiver in 2001-2002.
- Awarded Taylor-Porter Memorial Scholarship in 2001-2002.
- Chancellor’s List in fall of 1999, spring of 2000, fall of 2000 and fall of 2001.
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice from McNeese State University.
- Graduated with an overall average of 3.633 in May of 1999.
- President’s Honor List in fall of 1998, spring of 1998 and fall of 1997.
- Honor Roll List in spring of 1997 and fall of 1996.
- Williams, Parker. January 6, 2014 – January 15, 2015. Personal injury, health care law, medical malpractice, complex litigation, license issues with the Board of Architecture and Interior Design, and obtained trial experience.
- Cole, Scott, Kissane. November 2011 to 2014. Employment defense, security negligence defense, personal injury defense and insurance agency professional liability defense.
- Lynch & Robbins. Civil defense, administrative law and employment law.
- Law Office of Goldie Domingue. 2007-2011. Immigration attorney on a part-time basis.
- United States Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Louisiana. June 2003-August 2005. Assistant United States Attorney in the Civil Division. Represented the United States in employment cases, medical malpractice and personal injury cases.
- Federal District Law Clerk for Federal District Judge Rebecca Doherty. August 2002-June 2003. Draft legal memorandums and motions. Participate in telephone conferences and adversarial hearings with the attorneys for each party. Discuss intricate legal issues with the Judge and attorneys.
- Department of Justice, Environmental Torts Division. May 2001-July 2001. Summer internship. Duties: Teach step aerobics, power punch aerobics, water aerobics and resistance training.
- “Destiny of One”. Published novel.
- Jambalaya News. Position: writer and regular contributor. 2009-2010.
- Times Southwest. Position: writer and regular contributor. 2008-2009.
- City Social of Baton Rouge. Position: writer and regular contributor. 2008-2009.